Our registered office (Company Registration no: 5280366) is located at:
5 Belmont, Shrewsbury, SY1 1TE
We (The Hive – HMM Arts Ltd.) are registered as a Charity, and our registration number is: 1108488
We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (Regulation 2016/679) as amended, and any electronic communications will be made in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
We collect and process the personal data that you may volunteer as part of your relationship with the Hive as a customer, service user, associate, employee or trustee, or in the course of booking events, making a purchase, completing membership or donation forms, completing equality monitoring forms, signing up to our newsletter or completing visitor or audience surveys.
Personal information – information we request directly from you
We may retain or process your personal details when you create your online account and/or make a purchase either online, by phone or by visiting our Box Office.
Personal information we retain or process may include:
- your full name and title,
- date of birth
- postal address of your home or workplace
- email address
- phone number(s)
- job title
- current interests and activities
- photographs or other images, which will never be reproduced without your explicit consent
We may also keep a record of your transactions with The Hive and any correspondence between us, which may include details of:
- ticket purchases and event attendance
- retail purchases
- contact preferences
- gift information, including payment details where applicable
- Gift Aid status
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you
- donor status
How will we use your information?
The Hive sometimes sells tickets on behalf of the providers of the events which you wish to attend. This might be an artist, venue, promoter, amateur theatre groups or other arts organisation, producer or sponsor. We refer to the organisers or providers of an event as our ‘Venue Clients’. When you purchase tickets for an event, we may share your personal information with our Venue Client, but only if you are attending their event.
There may be more than one Venue Client for each event.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to subsequently receive any offers or newsletters, nor should your information be used for marketing purposes, The Hive will inform the Venue Client of this condition.
Providing, improving and customising our services
We use your information primarily to provide you with the services and products you request, and related customer services ( this includes the provision of The Hive website, website administration and security ). We may also analyse this information to improve our understanding of you and our customer base in general. We do this so that we can make better decisions about our services, advertising, products and content, based on a more informed picture of how our customers use our current services, and to provide you with a more customised experience. Depending on your marketing preferences, we may use this information to help us to determine which offers, information, discounts and promotions you would most like to receive from us.
How long will we keep your information for?
We may keep your data for different lengths of time depending upon the purpose for which it is being held:
· Where relevant we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details etc.) for a minimum of six tax years, after which time it will be destroyed.
· If you apply for a job or a commission with The Hive and are unsuccessful we will keep your information on file for a period of not more than 12 months unless you specifically ask us not to.
· Any information we use for marketing purposes will be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information, or until such time that we ask you to renew your consent to our retention of your data. If you ask us to remove your information from our mailing list we will do so within 28 days of your request.
When you first register with The Hive (either in person, over the phone or via the website), you can decide whether your contact information may be used by us, our Venue Partners and selected third parties for direct marketing purposes.
If you agree ( ‘opt-in’ ), The Hive, its Venue Partners and/or other third parties may contact you by e-mail or post with information or offers regarding their goods and services such as discounts, exclusive offers or special event information. The Hive will send you a monthly newsletter with information about upcoming shows and events. If you purchase a ticket for an event, your address will be entered into The Hive ticketing database service. You will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe in every marketing e-mail we subsequently send you.
You may also receive marketing information from the Venue Partners for the events for which you have purchased tickets. If you do not wish to receive marketing correspondence from a Partner please use the unsubscribe link in their communications or contact them directly to request that your details are removed from their databases.
Changing your marketing Preferences
If you change your mind or want to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so at any time from your online account, calling us or visiting The Hive during our opening hours.
Please note that you will continue to receive customer service emails from The Hive Centre – which could include order confirmations, event reminders, information about changes to an event you’ve purchased tickets for and reminders to print your tickets if you’ve selected that option for ticket delivery.
Information sharing and/or transfer
The Hive and its Venue Partners will not share your data with any third parties without your consent, except under the following circumstances:
- If we use a third party supplier to carry out specific business operations (e.g. a courier service), but only if we have in place a written agreement protecting your information
- If you have purchased other goods or services via our website such as merchandise, in which case your information may be shared with third parties to process and fulfil your orders.
- If you enter a competition, promotion or a prize draw by our Partners or third parties, and The Hive is not the operator, the information you provide will be shared with the operator of the promotion, competition or prize draw
- If we consider it necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Hive, our customers, users of our website, or others.
How your financial information is collected and used
We do not retain your payment details, if you are purchasing tickets, you will be asked to provide the financial information ( e.g. your payment card information ) each time you make a purchase.
The financial information is used to authorise payment and to bill you for your purchases through The Hive website, phone sales or Box Office sales in person. When you make a purchase from The Hive, you give consent to provide your financial or personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies and banks. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Where we do share this data, we apply payment industry standard encryption methods to maintain its security. If you’ve ordered any additional goods or services through The Hive such as merchandise, your information may be passed to the providers of such goods or services so they can process your transaction and provide you with the goods or services you have ordered.
Except for processes explained above, we will not share your financial information with any third parties without your prior consent.
Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will not take more than 28 days to process.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to investigate the matter, or telephone 01743 234 970.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data unlawfully you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), our registration number is: ZA319989